Of Smoke and Sails
“Noble, fair and elegant, the Elves are the rarest of the Noble races and are considered by many to be a dying race, still clinging to it’s ancestral past, though unbeknownst to many, they have made more strides in recent years, particularly after the recovery of many relics from their ancient capital.
Though now outnumbered by their half-blooded kin, elven numbers are growing for the first time in centuries, and more have been seen along borders and in woods, even in cities. Half-elves, many of them city-dwellers and socialites used to life within the Five Kingdoms have reached out to their distant, reclusive families and invited them to settle in…
Elves are found throughout the world, in small populations, many of them travellers, though some may have settled down for as long as several centuries. Some elves even exhibit unique traits – such as the frost elves of Alfrhjem or the Wild Elves of the North Yrin Basin. An elven male is commonly between 5’ 3" and 5’ 7" tall, and weighs between 100 and 130 pounds. An elven female stands between 5’ 1" and 5’ 5" tall, weighing between 90 and 120 pounds."
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
- Medium size.
- An elf’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects. (Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.)
- Low-light vision.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard.