Of Smoke and Sails
“Humans – the most numerous and, simultaneously, the most contentious of the Noble Races. Divided by kingdoms, tribes, faiths and more, humanity is deeply fractured, as it has been for generations untold.
Though many would see this as a sign of weakness, even an omen of inevitable conquest and defeat, somehow the fragmented realms of mankind manage to maintain control of vast kingdoms and territories, and continue to travel and expand their rule across the world.
Humans are found throughout the world, typically in large numbers. A human male is commonly between 5’ 6" and 5’ 10" tall, and weighs between 120 and 150 pounds. A human female stands between 5’ 4" and 5’ 8" tall, weighing between 110 and 140 pounds."
- Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
Optional Regional traits
- Talisian: Born in the warm heartlands of Talisia, the character is used to a hotter climate, gaining a bonus of +2 to fortitude saves in warm climates and -2 in cold climates. Born explorers, duellists and libertines, Talisians enjoy an easier life than most and suffer a -1 penalty to their Will saves, but their wily nature grants a +1 to their Reflex save. Talisians begin play with an additional Language (Talisian).
- Tilmorian: Born in the coastal lands of Tilmoria, amongst traders, warriors and expert sailors, the character is used to living with very old traditions and finds it difficult to interact with “lesser” people. As such, the characters takes a -1 penalty to all Social Skills against those of lower or equal social rank, but the Tilmorian reverence for the their superiors earns the character a +1 bonus to all Social Skills when dealing with those of higher social rank. Tilmorians always begin play with an additional language (Tilmorian).
- Wohlslander: Born in the forests and mountains of Wohlsland, the character lived amongst hardy pioneers, hunters, warriors and craftsmen for a large part of their life. Known for being resilient and pious, Wohlslanders gain a +1 to their Will Saves, but their hardy nature and larger frames earns them a -1 to their Reflex Saves. Their cooler climate grants them +2 to Fortitude saves in cold weather, but they take a -2 penalty in cold weather. Wohlslanders always begin play with an additional language (Wohls).
- Morrisian: Born amongst the rolling hills and woodlands of Morrisia, the character is used to living with other races to a greater extent, giving him a +1 bonus to all Social Skills when interacting with non-human races, but a -1 penalty to all Social Skills against characters from the other human kingdoms, who are considered less enlightened. Morrissians always begin play with an additional language (Morrissian).
- Varian: Born in the steppes of the distant East, the character is used to a sedentary life of hardship and travel, constantly living on the fringe between the wilds and civilized society. Known for their closeness with nature and horses, Varians gain +1 to Animal Handling, Ride and Survival, but their solitary and transient nature makes them harder to interact with and they take a -1 penalty to all Social Skills. Varians always begin play with an additional language (Varian).